As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
4. Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
5. Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
6. Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
7. Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
8. Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
9. Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
1. Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
2. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
3. Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
4. Suspension from the college for a period of one month
Objectives of Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment
in the college Campus. The Anti-Ragging Squad- office bearers will work under the Supervision of Anti Ragging Committee and to
engage in the works of checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation.
Anti-Ragging Committee will be involved in designing strategies and action plan for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the
college by adopting array of activities.
Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Squad
Anti-Ragging Squad will be working under the Monitoring of Anti Ragging Committee and will seek advice from the Anti-Ragging Committee.
The functions of Anti-Ragging Squad will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening / reported in the places of
Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc.
The Squad will also educate the students at large by
adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to. A gamut of positive reinforcement activities are adopted
by Anti-Ragging Squad for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause. They shall work in Consonance and
Guidance of Anti Ragging Committee..
Members of Anti-Ragging cell:
1. T.Swarnalatha Lecturer in computer science (Chairperson)
2. K.Bhargavai, Lecturer in Zoology (Co-ordinator)
Women Cell of srivani degree & PG College is established with the motto of “towards self empowered mind“. The cell aims to empower girl students and faculty,
enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for girls and women and to address the practical issues
related to the welfare and equal opportunities for Women faculty, staff and students.
With a view to take up women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their
experiences and views regarding their status in the society. Added to it suggestions for improvement and empowerment among themselves has been given.
Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars,
awareness programs and other welfare activities.
VISION & MISSION
To promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the College and to
provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women and enable them to explore their imminent
potential in all aspects.
To train women to acquire wide range of skills and knowledge and to develop and increase their social, economic and intellectual capacities for peace, security and prosperity of mankind.
• Identification of strong leadership, change-makers among women and girls and building their capacity.
• To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
• To organize awareness programs on gender sensitization.
• The provision of opportunities and programs for girls and women to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
• To conduct seminars and workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
• Arranging seminars to create awareness on the economic, social, political, and legal rights of women.
• Organizing different activities tomake women aware of their health, sports, self-defense etc.
• Conducting various competitions to encourage their artistic talents for creative thinking.
• To highlight the importance of spirituality, health, hygiene and safety
Members of Women empowerment cell:
Y.V.Nagarani Vice-Principal (Chair person)
Syed Azgari Lecturer in English (Co-ordinator)